The production will also feature George Abud, Jason Danieley, Matthew Deming, Diana Dimarzio, David Garrison, Rick Holmes, Tom Nelis, Chris Newcomer, Mary Beth Peil, Aaron Ramey, Elena Shadow, Timothy Shew, John Riddle and Michelle Veintimilla. John Kander and Fred Ebb’s The Visit is based on the classic Friedrich Dürrenmatt play (adapted by Maurice Valency) and features a book by Terrence McNally, with music by Kander and lyrics by Ebb. Claire Zachanassian is an often-widowed millionairess who pays a visit to her hardship-stricken birthplace. The locals hope she’ll bring them a new lease on life, but little do they know her offer to revitalize the town comes at a dreadful price. Related Shows Show Closed This production ended its run on June 14, 2015 Legendary two-time Tony winner Chita Rivera, Tony winner Roger Rees and the cast of The Visit begin previews on March 26. Directed by John Doyle and choreographed by Graciela Daniele, the musical will officially open on April 23 at Broadway’s Lyceum Theatre. The Visit View Comments
“We’re also coordinating with the travel agencies because they were the ones who managed their departure process,” he said, adding that he hoped the pilgrims were in good health.It has been six days since they left Indonesia for Saudi Arabia. An umrah trip usually lasts about 12 days.Read also: Saudi’s sudden ‘umrah’ ban leaves pilgrims heartbrokenAjam said there was a possibility that some of the 90 worshipers were not West Java citizens but had departed using services from travel agencies in the region.Responding to the matter, West Java governor Ridwan Kamil demanded the regional religious affairs office coordinate with Saudi Arabian government.Presidential spokesperson Fadjroel Rachman said on Friday that 1,685 Indonesian pilgrims were stranded in third countries during transit and that they were in the process of being flown back home by their respective airlines.Indonesia, the country with the largest Muslim population in the world, contributed the second-highest number of umrah pilgrims last year with 443,879 arrivals, according to the Saudi Hajj and Umrah Ministry.Saudi Arabia, on average, welcomes nearly 7 million umrah pilgrims annually. (eyc)Topics : Read also: Banning or wooing travelers in time of novel coronavirusThe office’s hajj and umrah division head Ajam Mustajam said 700 umrah pilgrims from the province had returned home. However, there were 90 pilgrims who booked their pilgrimage with four travel agencies in West Java whose whereabout remained unknown.”We are still figuring out whether the 90 people have reached the holy land [of Mecca] or are still in transit in another country,” he said in Bandung, West Java, on Tuesday during a coordination meeting regarding COVID-19 handling.Ajam added that the religious affairs office was continuing to coordinate with the religious affairs ministry to check the computerized integrated umrah and hajj system, which holds data on the registration, departure and return of pilgrims. The West Java Religious Affairs Office is tracking down 90 umrah (minor hajj) pilgrims who left for Saudi Arabia from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, on Thursday – a day before Saudi Arabia announced a temporary ban on pilgrims to limit the spread of the coronavirus.On Friday, the Saudi kingdom placed Indonesia on a list of countries whose citizens were barred from visiting the two holy cities of Mecca and Medina amid the rapid global spread of the novel coronavirus.The decision left thousands of Indonesians stranded, some on their way to Saudi Arabia, others checked in at airports and still others arriving in the country.
Thailand public health ministry is preparing more than 20,000 hospital beds and 1.3 million doses of medicine to deal with the second wave of Covid-19 infections that may hit the country once the state of emergency has been lifted.Dr Sukhum Kanchanaphimai, ministry’s permanent secretary, said that as of Monday there were only 58 Covid-19 patients undergoing treatment in hospital, and they were in a stable condition as they did not need respirators.He added that the new Covid-19 cases during the fourth phase of easing restrictions had come from overseas and that 232 people were currently under quarantine. Sukhum also said that though there are no new cases that have originated in the country, the fifth round of lifting restrictions may pose the risk of a second wave, so the ministry has to be prepared. The ministry has made 571 ICU beds, 11,206 beds for serious cases and 10,349 beds for normal cases available across the country. Sukhum said these should be enough to accommodate up to 500 patients a day.Meanwhile, 1.12 million N95 face masks, 511,000 protection suits and 11,000 respirators have been set aside for emergencies, while some 300,000 favipiravir pills and other medicines have also been stockpiled.Separately, researchers are continuing to work on developing a Covid-19 vaccine, with 20 prototypes currently being tested on six species of animals, including rats and monkeys. Human testing is expected to begin between July and October, and if they prove to be successful, up to 30 million doses are expected to be produced. Each dose will likely cost between 600 and 900 bath.Thailand is collaborating seven organizations from three other countries that have already conducted human trials to cut down on the time it takes to launch a vaccine. Topics :
Mexico will take part in clinical trials of Italian and Russian vaccines, and has also struck a deal to produce pharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca Plc’s vaccine.In addition, it is looking to participate in phase 3 trials with French drugmaker Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen unit and Chinese companies CanSino Biologics Inc and Walvax Biotechnology Co Ltd, all of which have agreed to guarantee access to their vaccines if successful.Orozco said the Mexican vaccine will arrive “later” than leading foreign candidates. But she noted that 7.5 billion people on the planet will need to be inoculated, and the number of vaccines may be double that figure if two doses are needed.”The world is going to need much more than one vaccine,” she said. “Our hope is that Mexico is a part of this even if we’re not the first to cross the finish line.” Topics : Mexico is working to produce its own COVID-19 vaccines and could have one ready by next spring, according to a researcher coordinating local efforts amid a global race to tame a disease that has infected over 26.75 million people worldwide.Esther Orozco, coordinator of the scientific group that represents Mexico at the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, said research based on a virus that transmits the avian Newcastle disease is the most viable candidate to produce the first vaccine in Mexico.Orozco said the vaccine, developed by the private firm Laboratorio Avimex with researchers from Mexico’s main public university, UNAM, and the Mexican Social Security Institute, is ready to start the first phase of testing with humans. “They are advanced,” Orozco told Reuters in an interview. “I think it’s going to be ready by spring or the start of summer.”She said the Avimex vaccine trials will begin with “dozens of humans.” A second stage will see “hundreds of patients” before thousands of volunteers take part in final Phase 3 studies.Avimex, normally dedicated to the manufacture of vaccines and pharmaceutical products for animals, did not respond to a request for comment.Mexico has launched a global effort to build diplomatic and commercial alliances to ensure it receives the approximately 200 million vaccine doses it estimates it will need for a disease that has infected more than 623,000 people and killed at least 66,851 in Latin America’s second-largest economy.
1 min. story Read More Video Settings Arsenal have sacked Unai Emery (AFP via Getty Images)Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez has issued an apology to Unai Emery after the Spaniard was sacked on Friday.The Gunners have ended Emery’s reign as manager after the 2-1 defeat at home to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League on Thursday evening extended the team’s run to seven matches without a victory.Freddie Ljungberg, who was already part of Emery’s first-team coaching staff, will manage Arsenal on an interim basis while the club look for a permanent replacement.In a statement released by Arsenal on Friday the club said: ‘The decision has been taken due to results and performances not being at the level required.’AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT Skip Coming Next Advertisement Freddie Ljungberg has replaced Emery as Arsenal manager on an interim basis (Getty Images)Shortly after the announcement, Martinez reacted to the decision by claiming that Arsenal’s players had failed Emery.The goalkeeper also apologised to Javi Garcia, who was brought in by Emery to be Arsenal’s goalkeeper coach but will now leave his post.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘Thank you Unai and Javi I’m sorry we let you down,’ Martinez posted on Instagram.‘Its our fault for not performing the right way, I’m sure we will meet again.’Ljungberg’s first game in charge will be for Arsenal’s trip to Norwich City in the Premier League on Sunday.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal 1/1 Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez apologises to Unai Emery after his sacking Full Screen Read More Top articles by Metro Metro Sport ReporterFriday 29 Nov 2019 11:01 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link19Shares Read More Skip Ad Comment Arsenal are currently on their worse run of form since February 1992. Manchester United captain Harry Maguire About Connatix V67539 Advertisement Read More Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling / SPONSORED PLAY Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Read More
The Department of Finance sold a quarter of the AIB stake last month, raising approximately €3bn in the process.In its separate discretionary portfolio, the ISIF invested €522m in new projects across Ireland during the year, bringing its total capital deployed domestically to €2.6bn. The ISIF has a long-term aim to transition its entire €8.1bn portfolio to domestic investments.Combined with co-investment partners, the ISIF said it had helped raise €7.5bn for Irish companies and projects since its inception in 2014.In its annual report, the ISIF said: “While the macroeconomic environment in Ireland has improved significantly in recent years and the availability of private capital has increased greatly, there are still material gaps in the market provision of finance to sectors and companies and there remains a wide variety of investment opportunities where ISIF capital, in conjunction with private sector partners, can fill gaps and make a real difference to economic activity.”The fund said it had a pipeline of 60 potential new investments at the start of 2017: in January it contributed to a fundraising for sales platform InsideSales, and in February it invested in an Irish forestry fund alongside the European Investment Bank. Ireland’s sovereign wealth fund incurred a €1.1bn loss in 2016 on its holdings in two bailed-out banks, according to its annual report.The Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF) posted a 2.9% investment return for 2016 from its discretionary portfolio, but the value of its stakes in Allied Irish Banks (AIB) and Bank of Ireland declined significantly during the year.The ISIF owned 99.9% of AIB’s equity at the end of 2016, a legacy from the bank’s €20.8bn bailout from the Irish government in 2010. The ISIF also owned 13.9% of Bank of Ireland.The stakes are held in a separate “directed portfolio”, along with loans and provisions set aside for the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland, and managed on behalf of the Irish Department of Finance. The portfolio was valued at €12.9bn at the end of the year, compared to €14bn 12 months earlier.
Norwegian seismic player, Petroleum Geo-Services (PGS), has released vessel activity report for the third quarter of 2018.In the Q3, the vessel utilization on the contracted basis has seen a drop to 19 percent compared to 28 percent in the corresponding period in 2017.On the multi-client seismic basis, the vessel activity increased to 68 percent, compared to 53 percent in Q3 2017.The Q3 2018 vessel statistics included eight vessels. All cold-stacked vessels are excluded from the statistics, the company said.The percentage of the stacked/standby vessels was 8 percent in Q3 compared to 12 percent in Q3 2017.
Recently, ZTT Submarine Cable (ZTTSC) completed the factory test and delivery of 500kV AC submarine cable for the second-circuit transmission line project for Zhejiang Zhoushan Networking North Passage.The leaders and experts from Zhejiang Electric Power affiliated to State Grid, China Electric Power Research Institute, State Grid Electric Power Research Institute, State Grid Zhejiang Electric Power Research Institute, Construction Branch of Zhejiang Electric Power of State Grid (consulting company), Zhejiang Qiming Power Group and ZTT Group witnessed the factory test.ZTTSC achieved continuous production of the second-circuit 500kV submarine cable in 17.4 km, and the product delivery was completed in advance.Delivery of Zhoushan second-circuit 500kV network transmission and transformation project is another milestone in continuous and stable production of large-length & ultra-high voltage submarine cable achieved by ZTTSC.Xue Jianling, the general manager of ZTTSC, said global submarine cable was booming. ZTT would actively participate in the globalization layout of submarine cable, develop the strategy with “systematic and general contracting developments of submarine cable” under the guidance of Chinese strategy on the acceleration on the construction of the maritime power, and provide all-around supports and services in the fields of AC and DC submarine cable transmission technology, construction of offshore wind power project, system integration service as well as cooperation and development of wind power resource.
Stuff co.nz 19 August 2016Family First Comment: Go Michael! (a member of our Board of Reference )Labour has enlisted two former All Blacks in a bid to take down legislation which would let shops open on Easter Sundays.Michael Jones and Aiolupotea Tonu’u have called on Pacific MPs to vote against the Shop Trading Hours Amendment Bill, saying it would stop some in the Pacific community from spending the religious holiday with their church and families.The legislation would allow local councils to decide whether or not to open their doors on Easter Sunday.The bill narrowly passed its most recent test on Wednesday night by 62 votes to 59.Jones, a devout Christian who did not play test matches on Sundays during his career, said in a statement that Easter Sunday was an important day in the Christian calendar.“If the Government’s reforms go ahead many New Zealanders will miss out on the opportunity to spend Easter Sunday with their church, their communities and their families.READ MORE: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/83357687/former-all-blacks-take-on-government-over-easter-sunday-opening-hours-law-changeRugby stars lobby against Easter trading changesNZ Herald 19 August 2016Two former All Blacks are putting pressure on Pacific Island MPs to vote against law changes which will allow shops to open on Easter Sunday.Former rugby stars Michael Jones and Aiolupotea Tonu’u said today that the law change could harm Pacific workers who had obligations to their churches and families on the religious holiday.They are appealing directly to Pacific MPs in Parliament to cast their vote against the Shop Trading Hours Amendment Bill when it returns to Parliament.The bill will give councils the power to pass bylaws to allow trading on Easter Sunday.READ MORE: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11697208Keep up with family issues in NZ. Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox.
“The amber zone will be restricted to the minimum number of staff required to meet contractual requirements for broadcasting, media and club staff. Red Zone – Limited to 105 people at the heart of the action including the pitch and dressing rooms Amber Zone: All interior areas of the stadium, including press facilities. All people must have temperature check before entering. Green Zone: Outdoor areas including stadium car parks. “This area includes all interior areas within the stadium and anyone entering this area will be subject to a temperature check and a health questionnaire. “And the green zone is the stadium exterior, eg car parking.” The league’s rule that clubs must pick their strongest available team remains in place, while players must not spit, share drinks or shake hands. Read AlsoEPL Restart: Ndidi, Iheanacho get June 20 date against Watford “In all areas, social distancing needs to be observed and a series of one-way systems and other procedures need to be incorporated to ensure that it is,” Brady added. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… With barely a week to the much awaited EPL re-start, a decision has been reached to divide stadiums into three zones viz red, amber and green zones. Clubs met on Thursday to discuss some of the logistics and West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady has revealed how stadiums will be split into red, amber and green zones. “We are now in the process of agreeing the matchday protocols, which will include everything from zoning the stadium into red, amber and green zones,” Brady said “Red zone will be the most severely restricted area, including the pitch, the tunnel, technical areas, changing rooms will be limited to 105 people maximum, to include players, coaching staff, match officials and all the essential staff only. West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady “And only those who have tested negative for Covid-19 in the past five days can enter this area. “We will be creating a Clinical Passport System for those who will need to have access to the red zone.Advertisement Promoted ContentWhat Disney Princesses Would Look Like In Modern Day Realities10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesHere Are The Best Movies Since 1982 You Should Definitely See7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black HolesWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Most Popular Movies With Sylvester StalloneBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them