President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has touted online courses as the default mode of learning for many university students as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has shown no signs of abating anytime soon.Speaking to a number of university rectors during a virtual Indonesian Rectors Forum conference on Saturday, Jokowi said that online lectures were but one of several ways the country’s academic community had adapted to the current health crisis, calling them part of “the next normal”.“Online courses, which had previously been slowly implemented, have now picked up steam. Online lectures have become a new normal – even the next normal,” he remarked during his opening address. “I believe that more innovative and productive norms will continue to emerge [amid the pandemic].”Read also: Home learning hindered by technology gap, Nadiem acknowledgesTo that end, Jokowi called on the rectors forum to bridge aspirations between members of academia and to facilitate practical applications of academic knowledge to real-world industries so that students could become well-equipped to contribute to national development.He also urged universities to serve as an environment where nationalism, diversity and tolerance could thrive as they were vital to the country’s democracy.“Ladies and gentlemen, you are the ‘parents’ [of your students] who are responsible for their future, as well as Indonesia’s future,” Jokowi said.However, the adoption of technology remains a challenge for the Indonesian education system.A 2019 report issued by global mobile communications industry body GSMA demonstrated a wide digital gap between people living in urban and rural areas. About 45 percent of Indonesians live in rural areas.Topics :
BLOG: Governor Wolf Signs DUI Ignition Interlock Bill into Law (Round-up) May 27, 2016 Round-Up, The Blog Wednesday, Governor Wolf signed Senate Bill 290 into law, which makes the ignition interlock program mandatory for first-time DUI offenders with high blood alcohol levels.“Drunk driving is a deadly crime that puts Pennsylvania families at risk and this legislation will help prevent people from driving drunk and endangering themselves and putting other lives at risk,” Governor Wolf said. “We owe it to both motorists and pedestrians to keep them safe and hold people who break DUI laws accountable.”Take a look at the additional coverage below: Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf By: Eryn Spangler, Press Assistant Philly.com: Wolf signs DUI ignition interlock billThe new law requires drunk drivers with a first-time conviction and a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.10 percent or greater to use ignition interlocks for at least one year. Supporters of requiring ignition interlocks say they protect people on the roads while also allowing offenders to keep a job and meet other responsibilities. Until now, Pennsylvania has required ignition interlock only for repeat drunk drivers.York Dispatch: Gov. signs DUI bill into lawA new law will require all Pennsylvania residents, including first-time offenders, convicted of driving under the influence with a high blood-alcohol content to have an ignition interlock system installed in their vehicle. The device requires the driver to blow into a device, verifying their blood-alcohol level is below .08 before the vehicle will turn on. Governor Tom Wolf signed Senate Bill 290 into law Wednesday.PennLive: Wolf signs bill extending ignition interlock devices to first-time DUI offendersThe law takes effect in 15 months, according to staff for Sen. John Rafferty, R-Montgomery County, who sponsored the bill. Previously, the ignition interlock devices were only available to repeat DUI offenders. But supporters favored this measure as a way to strengthen public protections while giving offenders a chance to keep their post-arrest lives intact.ABC 27: Gov. Wolf signs bill to expand ignition-lock law to first offensesGov. Tom Wolf has signed a bill to expand the use of ignition locks for people caught driving under the influence. Senate Bill 290 makes the ignition interlock program mandatory for first-time DUI offenders with high blood-alcohol levels. The devices are installed on a steering column. Drivers are required to blow into them, and if alcohol is detected, the vehicle will not start.CBS Philly: Governor Wolf Signs Ignition Interlocks BillIn a statement announcing that he has signed the interlocks bill, Governor Wolf characterizes it as a safety issue, saying it will prevent people from driving while intoxicated and hold people accountable when they break DUI laws. Supporters of the legislation believe it will also allow more people to remain employed and remain productive members of society.FOX 29: Governor Wolf signs ignition Interlock law for first-time drunk driversAccording to a press release, SB 290 was authored by Senator John Rafferty. Representative Keith Greiner authored similar legislation in the House, and joined Senator Rafferty and Senator Lloyd Smucker in championing this life-saving legislation. “The bill signed today by Governor Wolf is a great step in MADD meeting the mission to end drunk driving. Between October 1, 2003 and December 1, 2015, ignition interlocks prevented more than 78,000 instances of drunken driving here in Pennsylvania,” said MADD Pennsylvania Program Manager Malcolm Friend. “Through this new law, imagine how many more lives will be saved, how many injuries will be prevented here in Pennsylvania moving forward.” SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Loading… Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun is not assured of making the party as Brighton plans to embark on warm weather training to Europe next month. The Nigerian international who has struggled endlessly to earn playing time no thanks to re-curing injury and illness, last featured for the Seagulls on January 4th this year against Sheffield Wednesday in the FA cup which Brighton incidentally lost by a lone goal crash out of the competition. The former Mainz05 ace who joined Brighton in 2018 has only managed about 8 appearances for the side and continues to be sidelined in the club’s campaign. Brighton originally planned the warm weather training for Dubai but made last minute U-turn preferring Europe instead according to PA news agency. The club has scheduled the training tour for between February 14-16 but will first battle Watford in the premier league on February8.Advertisement Leon Balogun in action for Brighton in one of his minimal outings Brighton have lost three of their last five matches managing only two draws against Aston Villa and Chelsea respectively, and will face Bournemouth away on Tuesday. Brighton’s U-turn over the Dubai training is coming barely a few weeks after Manchester United scrapped plans to head for Dubai. Read Also Balogun queries VAR for disallowing Sadio Mane’s goal Balogun’s inactivity at Brighton has equally affected his chances of a regular play in the national team with the former Werder Bremen player making appearance just two appearances in Super Eagles last 10 matches. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemTop 10 Iconic Personalities On TV Now5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtThe Best Cars Of All TimeTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time
He added: “It’s about having a clear mind and being aware of the circumstances you’re in at any given time. We know what we have to do against France – losing is not an option. There is a pride element and we’re playing at home. “If we win the last two games we leave ourselves in a good enough place, hopefully. That starts this weekend. We need to come out of the traps nice and hard. After the disappointment of losing to England and Scotland, everyone’s up for it. “I don’t care about how France have been doing or where they finish up, it’s about us, this team and this squad. “All I’m worried about is making sure we’re in the right place this weekend.” France are suffering even more than Ireland having lost to Italy, Wales and England, although the shoots of recovery were evident at Twickenham. If they lose today, seven matches will have progressed without a win – their worst championship sequence since 1927. “In sport, anything can happen. That’s what makes it interesting and why fans pay to buy a ticket,” captain Thierry Dusautoir said. “You never know who is going to win. I’m not thinking about losing. If it happens, it happens. Maybe at 7pm we’ll talk about our record.” The RBS 6 Nations rivals have failed to justify their pre-championship billing as title contenders and instead find themselves jostling to avoid the wooden spoon. Victory would prevent Ireland from finishing bottom of the table for the first time since 1998 – their final match is against Italy next Saturday – and O’Brien has sounded a pre-match cry of defiance. “To win any international you have to beat up the opposition,” the Leinster openside said. “Physically we’ll have to go to that place where it’s manic and they don’t know what’s coming at them. Both teams need to win, but if you’re desperate you can do some silly things.” Press Association Sean O’Brien has demanded Ireland produce a performance of controlled ferocity when they host France at the Aviva Stadium this afternoon.
JOHNSTON — Governor Kim Reynolds says she is not yet ready to recommend Iowa’s K-12 school closures be extended due to coronavirus concerns.“Initially, we recommended schools closing for four weeks (and) said we would reassess it, too,” Reynolds said Wednesday afternoon, “so we continue to, every day, evaluate where we’re at as a state and what or if additional steps need to be taken.”Reynolds last week signed legislation that ensures schools are not required to make up any missed days through April 10th. Governors in other states have ordered schools to be closed for a longer period. Wisconsin’s schools, for example, are closed through at least April 24th. Iowa’s governor said it’s just too soon to say whether Iowa students may be returning to class on April 13th, or staying home.“I am not at a place that I can say we hope, at this point, we’ll be able to do something different,” Reynolds said, “because, you know, it is fluid.”Reynolds told reporters her education director has assembled a task force to examine how online learning could be implemented statewide and ensure every child has access, but the group has not made any recommendations.“We continue to every day evaluate where we’re at as a state and what or if additional steps need to be taken,” Reynolds said.The governor of Minnesota has just issued a “Stay at Home” order and the mayor of Cedar Rapids has sent a letter to Iowa’s governor, urging her to do the same. Reynolds addressed the issue during her daily news conference.“Many of the steps that we have already taken are equivalent to the ‘stay at home’ orders that we are seeing in several of these states,” she said, “like closing schools and some businesses, implementing work-from-home and distant learning and reducing gatherings to 10 people.”Reynolds said those steps reduce the risk that COVID-19 patients will overwhelm the state’s hospitals.“It’s important, also, that we keep Iowa open for business in a responsible way that protects the health of our people and our economy,” Reynolds said.On Tuesday night, there were 23 patients being treated for COVID-19 in an Iowa hospital. According to the governor’s spokesman, there are currently 280 ventilators available in the state that are not in use and Iowa hospitals are using federal guidelines to convert anesthesia machines into ventilators.
Image Courtesy: Herald Sun/TT News AgencyAdvertisement 1cnNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsgz7bWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ebb536( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) htiuirWould you ever consider trying this?😱bm8oCan your students do this? 🌚iv9Roller skating! Powered by Firework The novel Coronavirus pandemic is still prevalent, and like many other sports, professional tennis still has more than a month left to make it back to action. However, Novak Djokovic’s idea of a charity tennis tournament in Serbia and Croatia is turning out to be an absolute catastrophe. The iconic Serbian tennis player is now COVID-19 positive with his wife, just after three more players from the event, Grigor Dimitrov, Borna Ćorić and Viktor Troicki also tested positive. The world no. 1 is now facing massive criticism from the community, and recently apologised for the such a huge oversight. However, the Serbian’s coach comes in his defence.Advertisement Image Courtesy: Herald Sun/TT News AgencyFormer Croatian tennis player Goran Ivanišević, who has been coaching Djokovic since June 2019, has opened up on the reprimand that his pupil is recently facing from all over the world. The charity tournament named Adria Tour was criticised for not following any restrictions or sanitisation guidelines.“I am extremely sorry for each individual case of infection,” while Djokovic has openly apologised for the blunder, he isn’t gaining any sympathy from anywhere. Surprisingly, the 33 year old now finds his mentor by his side in the current ruckus, defending him for his ‘humanitarian’ approach through the charity event.Advertisement “Everybody is smart now, and they are attacking Novak,” Ivanišević said in an interview with the New York Times, “He tried to do a great thing, a humanitarian thing. We were locked down for three months. He organised this tour.”The event was held for two days over the cities of Belgrade, Serbia and Zadar, Croatia and saw some of the biggest names in the sport on the court, such as Marin Čilić, Dominic Thiem, Alexander Zverev and Andrey Rublev. Although, Ivanišević claimed that the event had clearance from the governments of both countries.Advertisement The 48 year old continued, “The players came in Belgrade and we had good tennis and a good atmosphere. Everything in Serbia and everything in Croatia was done with the recommendations by the government.”In addition to the tournament, the players were also seen in nightclubs in between the event days, which was also condemned. Having said that, the Croat emphasised that it was all spontaneous, “Nobody forced anybody to come into that club. Nobody forced anybody to dance. Nobody can tell you to go on the stage, take your shirt off and dance.”“And how do you know anyone even got infected at that party?” Ivanišević concluded.Just after the confirmation Dimitrov being COVID-19 positive, the final of the tournament between Djokovic and Rublev was cancelled, and it was decided that every single player would be tested.If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comAlso read-Pakistani cricket rocked by 7 more COVID-19 positive cases22 Indian national rowers fail drug test – all for the same substance! Advertisement