Troubled Anglo Irish could be told to quit UK

first_img More From Our Partners Astounding Fossil Discovery in California After Man Looks Closelygoodnewsnetwork.orgRussell Wilson, AOC among many voicing support for Naomi Osakacbsnews.comFlorida woman allegedly crashes children’s birthday party, rapes teennypost.comPolice Capture Elusive Tiger Poacher After 20 Years of Pursuing the Huntergoodnewsnetwork.orgKiller drone ‘hunted down a human target’ without being told tonypost.comNative American Tribe Gets Back Sacred Island Taken 160 Years Agogoodnewsnetwork.orgI blew off Adam Sandler 22 years ago — and it’s my biggest regretnypost.comBrave 7-Year-old Boy Swims an Hour to Rescue His Dad and Little Sistergoodnewsnetwork.orgA ProPublica investigation has caused outrage in the U.S. this weekvaluewalk.comConnecticut man dies after crashing Harley into live bearnypost.comBiden received funds from top Russia lobbyist before Nord Stream 2 giveawaynypost.comInside Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis’ not-so-average farmhouse estatenypost.comSupermodel Anne Vyalitsyna claims income drop, pushes for child supportnypost.comPuffer fish snaps a selfie with lucky divernypost.comMark Eaton, former NBA All-Star, dead at 64nypost.comWhy people are finding dryer sheets in their mailboxesnypost.com980-foot skyscraper sways in China, prompting panic and evacuationsnypost.comMatt Gaetz swindled by ‘malicious actors’ in $155K boat sale by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksYou May LikeTotal PastThe Ingenious Reason There Are No Mosquitoes At Disney WorldTotal PastMoneyPailShe Was A Star, Now She Works In ScottsdaleMoneyPailNoteabley25 Funny Notes Written By StrangersNoteableySerendipity TimesInside Coco Chanel’s Eerily Abandoned Mansion Frozen In TimeSerendipity TimesBetterBe20 Stunning Female AthletesBetterBemoneycougar.comThis Proves The Osmonds Weren’t So Innocentmoneycougar.comSenior Living | Search AdsNew Senior Apartments Coming to Scottsdale (Take A Look at The Prices)Senior Living | Search AdsElite HeraldExperts Discover Girl Born From Two Different SpeciesElite Heraldautooverload.comDeclassified Vietnam War Photos The Public Wasn’t Meant To whatsapp whatsapp Share Sunday 5 September 2010 10:22 pm Show Comments ▼center_img KCS-content Troubled Anglo Irish could be told to quit UK BAILED-OUT Anglo Irish Bank could be forced to quit the UK if it is allowed to go ahead with a rescue plan.Chief executive Mike Aynsley has proposed winding up 80 per cent of Anglo’s damaged loan book through Ireland’s “bad bank”, the National Asset Management Agency. He wants to save the remaining 20 per cent, worth around €12bn (£10bn), by spinning it off into a “good bank”.If the Irish government and European regulators allow the split to happen, Anglo would stop lending to the UK market for at least five years. It could also be asked to wind up its UK retail deposit book. Anglo holds around £2.5bn of high street cash from the region.The bank’s future will be thrashed out this week at a series of meetings between Irish finance minister Brian Lenihan, European Union competition commissioner Joaquin Almunia and European Central Bank president Jean-Claude Trichet. Although the European Commission is pressing to wind down the bank completely, the Irish government has warned its immediate closure could cost the taxpayer €70bn. The state’s current exposure is €25bn.The news comes after Anglo lost €8.3bn in the first half of the year. Tags: NULLlast_img read more